Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Know when smoke or poisonous carbon monoxide is present in your Houston home
Smoke detectors are life saving devices! They protect you and your family from the dangers of fire by alerting you of the presence of smoke in your home. Many house fires occur while everyone inside the home is sleeping. Sometimes a smoke detector is the only alert.
Unfortunately, most homeowners aren’t aware that their smoke detector may need to be replaced or isn’t currently working properly. Call Universal Home Experts today to perform a home safety check where we evaluate your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and the rest of your electrical system to make sure everything is up to code.
During these whole house evaluations, we also check out any other potential electrical hazards. Find out more about whole house safety inspections here.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors
Besides your smoke alarm, another pivotal safety device is the carbon monoxide detector. Odorless and colorless, carbon monoxide is a toxic gas that goes undetected by humans. Carbon monoxide may be produced by any fuel-burning appliance, including your HVAC system, oven, car, and home generator. Carbon monoxide kills without warning.
The only way to know if unsafe levels of carbon monoxide are in the air is to install CO detectors throughout the home. We recommend that all homes be equipped with multiple carbon monoxide detectors. In some cases, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are available in the same unit.
If you do not currently have a working smoke and carbon monoxide detector in your home, the life-saving benefits alone should make it an easy decision. Most home fires and carbon monoxide poisonings happen while you are asleep. Get reliable alerts to dangerous conditions in your home by calling Universal Home Experts and speaking with a member of our service team.
“You’ll be 100% SATISFIED. I guarantee it!” — Ed Valot, Owner
For more information on smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and to schedule your home safety evaluation, call Universal Home Experts today at: 713-863-9311